Monday, January 15, 2007

The Girl was here this weekend, and I was having a few internet issues (stinking Charter), so here's a quickie movie update from the past few days:

Idiocracy - Office Space was so spot on that I think Mike Judge would have had a hard time following it no matter what the subject matter. I was very disappointed by this. It just seemed like the lowest common denominator of our society that he was supposed to be skewering was who this movie was aimed at. Great potential, no pay off.

Click - I'm happy for Adam Sandler that he's in a suitably "grown up" place in his life that he can make movies like this and Spanglish and be convincing as a husband and father that loves his family, but it's a serious loss for comedy fans. Fairly obvious plot and resolution, and not enough laughs to carry it. Oh well.

Incident at Loch Ness - This was on one of the movie channels (Showtime?) this weekend, so I watched it while The Girl took a nap. Loved every second of it. I thought it was a for real documentary for awhile instead of a "mockumentary" (I hate that term) about the consequences of Hollywood production mixed with Herzog's brand of filmmaking. If you count yourself a fan of Herzog more for the way he makes his movies than the movies themselves (like me), then you'll think this is hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home