Sunday, April 01, 2007

Greek Style Chicken

2 chicken breast halves
Greek Seasoning
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 ripe tomato, sliced
1 1/2 oz crumbled feta cheese (or sliced goat cheese)
2 to 3 tbs pine nuts, toasted (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound chicken between pieces of plastic wrap to even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Top chicken with tomato slices, cheese, and pine nuts (if using). Bake until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted (5 to 8 minutes).

This makes 2 servings (and very small ones at that), so I usually double it.

3 Comments:

Blogger breadchick said...

So I made this over the weekend and it was delicous! you really should post more of your recipes!! Who knows, maybe you should do your own "guy who cooks" food blog??

7:51 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

I would post more, but I've made that greek chicken dish at least four more times since I posted the recipe, and went to the grocery store on Sunday and wound up buying the stuff to make it a few more times. I can't get enough!

7:55 AM  
Blogger breadchick said...

Well it is definitely a winner! I've made it 2X myself...

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home